We understand that the step up from school can be daunting as well as exciting and every student who joins us follows an intensive induction programme at the start of their first term.
We also believe that parents and carers are vital to the success of our students – both from an academic and personal development perspective – and we seek to build a positive three-way partnership between parent, student and college.
We do this through keeping in contact with parents and carers via regular progress reports, updates by email and we publish all of our latest news online. We further host regular meetings and events, where parents and carers can discuss any issues face-to-face with both teaching and support staff.
You can find out more about our approach to student care, wellbeing and guidance by clicking on the Student Support section of this website. We have also created a detailed parents’ guide containing lots of practical information about college life which you can download from here.
Letters to home
Our next open event is on:
- Wednesday 23rd September 5.00 – 7.00pm
- Saturday 10th October 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Wednesday 18th November 5.00 – 7.00pm
Resources to support your child with careers and progression
- College Careers Provision including the weekly Careers Bulletin
- Barclays Life Skills Employability Resources
- UCAS Undergraduate: Parent and Carer Guide to University
- Amazing Apprenticeships: Parent Pack June 2020
Parents / Carers Handbook
We have also recently introduced the WisePay System. WisePay is a secure online payment service that allows students and users to make payments to their college using their debit or credit cards.
- To access the WisePay Portal, click here.
Proportal allows parents to access information about progress and achievement.
- To access Parent Proportal click here
- To access the Proportal User guide click here
We also warmly welcome enquiries from any current or prospective parents or carers regarding any aspect of The Cheadle College and you can contact us by phone, email or via the enquiry form on the website. Alternatively you can come and meet staff and students face to face at one of our open days or evenings.
The Cheadle and Marple College Network consider complaints as an opportunity to receive valuable feedback. A complaint enables The C&M College Network to reflect, analyse and improve our service. We aim to ensure that all complaints are treated seriously and followed up in a sensitive manner.
- Click here to view our Complaints Procedure