Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools – Diploma Specialist
(19+) Work-Related Learning Level 3
The Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Diploma Specialist is a progression route from the Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate accreditation, ideal for Teaching Assistants with experience of supporting teaching and learning in the education sector.
The Diploma is suited to individuals who are already in employment in schools or colleges.
The course duration is 15 months.
- Supporting literacy and numeracy development
- Supporting speech, language and communication
- Supporting behaviour, emotional and social development needs
- Supporting communication and interaction needs
- Leading extra-curricular activities
- Supervising external visits
- Organising Travel
- Assist in the administration of medication.
How will I learn?
A dedicated Trainer / Assessor will support you throughout your course programme on a tutorial basis providing a versatile and flexible approach to your learning. Your work placement commitment should be a minimum of 12 hours a week in a school, college or specialist learning environment.
How will I be accessed?
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning using a variety of assessment methods including written work, assessor observations, testimonies, work evidence captured in the work setting.
You are required to hold a disclosure and barring service check (DBS); this allows you to access the work setting.
Accreditation of Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or gainful experience working in the role as Teaching Assistant for a minimum of 12 months.
- Advanced Practitioner in Schools and
- Colleges (Teaching Assistance), Level4 (Higher)
- Foundation Degree in Teaching Assistance/Early Years
- Employment within the school sector
Funding for this course is via a Learning Loan of £2225.00 including all registration and certification fees.