SPECIALIST SUPPORT FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING IN SCHOOLS.
(19+) Work Related Learning: Level 3 advanced
This level 3 qualification is aimed at those members of the school workforce who directly support the teaching and learning of pupils or students that require specialist knowledge and skills, for example supporting pupils or students with learning disabilities.
The Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 (portfolio and assessment)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (portfolio)
- Personal Thinking and Learning Skills (portfolio)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT Level 2 (exams)
You will study a selection of mandatory units, including:
- Supporting Learning;
- Health & Safety;
- Promoting Positive Behaviour;
- Schools as Organisations;
- Developing Professional Relationships.
You will be given the opportunity to select from a number of optional units including:
- Supporting literacy or numeracy development;
- Supporting speech, language and communication;
- Supporting behaviour, emotional and social development needs;
- Supporting communication and interaction needs;
- Leading extra-curricular activities, organising travel, supervising on journeys, visits and activities etc.
How you will learn:
You will be taught by experienced and enthusiastic tutors. This will be enhanced by 30 hours per week of appropriate employment.
How you will be assessed:
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning to confirm your competence milestones and achievements.
Special entry requirements:
There are no formal entry requirements, however a DBS check is required and employment in a responsible role within and educational establishment (primary, secondary, tertiary or specialist)
What the students say:
“This course has given me the confidence to go for better jobs in school”
“I am now thinking of applying for teacher training”
The Apprenticeship provides an excellent foundation to HE or future career aspirations in teaching and specialist support in schools and colleges.