EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR
(16-18) Work Related Learning: Level 3
The Early Years Educator Level 3 Diploma is a 12- month course equivalent to 2 A Levels. The course is 100% assessed by coursework and work-related observations, with assignments to meet criteria.
The Diploma will lead to a highly specialised work-related qualification comprising the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in an Early Years setting with children under 5 years old.
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
- Early Years Educator in a Private Nursery or school
- Play Therapist
- SENCO in an Early Years setting
- Safeguarding Officer in an Early Years setting
- Room Leader or Manager in an Early Years setting
More than just a course
This full -time course comprises of theoretical classroom delivery, including Functional Skills English and Maths, if required and extensive practical workplace (3 days per week) in a variety of early years settings with regular workplace observation assessment.
This is a qualification ideal for individuals with a focussed career ambition and provides a full licence to practice in early years.
Other Units Include
- Principles of Safeguarding in Early Years
- Planning and implementing activities and play for children
- Promoting health & safety for children
- Child development from conception to 7 years
- Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals
- All Trainer / Assessors are industry experience
- Opportunity to gain real work experience with local employers
- Development of employability and sector skills
A Level 2 Childcare qualification is preferred. Applicants must have the experience or opportunities to progress the practical elements of this advanced course. GCSE English and Maths Grade C or 4 or above or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2 English and Maths will be required to gain a licence to practice at Level 3.
Functional Skills English and Maths can be undertaken if required.
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check will be essential.
“I am so pleased I decided on this course. I have always wanted to progress a childcare career and with the experience I gained I was able to secure employment quickly”