Early Years Educator
(19+) Work-Related Learning: Level 3
The Early Years Educator Level 3 Diploma is a 15-month course equivalent to 2 A Levels. The course is 100% assessed by coursework and work-related observations, with assignments to meet criteria.
The Diploma will lead to a highly specialised work-related qualification comprising the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in an Early Years setting with children under 5 years old.
- Principles of Safeguarding in Early Years
- Planning and implementing activities and play for children
- Promoting health & safety for children
- Child development from conception to 7 years
- Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals
How will I learn?
This course is delivered in the workplace and therefore comprises of theory and extensive practical workplace (minimum 3 days per week) experience with regular workplace observation assessment. This is a qualification ideal for employed individuals with career ambition in the early years sector or progression to HE.
How will I be accessed
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning using a variety of assessment methods including written work, assessor observations, testimonies and work evidence captured in the work setting. All Trainer / Assessors have sector industry experience
Special Entry Requirements
You are required to hold a disclosure and barring service check (DBS); this allows you to access the work setting. A Level 2 Childcare qualification is preferred.
GCSE English and Maths Grade C or 4 or above or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2 English and Maths will be required to gain a licence to practice at Level 3.
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
- Early Years Educator in a Private Nursery or school
- Play Therapist
- SENCO in an Early Years setting
- Safeguarding Officer in an Early Years setting
- Room Leader or Manager in an Early Years setting
Funding for this course is via a Learning Loan of £2882.00 including all registration and certification fees.