Early Years Educator
(19+) Work-Related Learning: Level 3
The Early Years Educator Level 3 Diploma is an 18 – month course equivalent to 2 A Levels. The course is 100% assessed by coursework and work-related observations, with assignments to meet criteria.
The Diploma will lead to a highly specialised work-related qualification comprising the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in an Early Years setting with children under 5 years old.
You will study a selection of topics that will link to your working practices including:
- Principles of Safeguarding in Early Years
- Planning and implementing activities and play for children
- Promoting health & safety for children
- Child development from conception to 7 years
- Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals
How you will learn:
This course is delivered in the workplace and therefore comprises of theory and extensive practical workplace (minimum 3 days per week) experience with regular workplace observation assessment.
This is a qualification ideal for employed individuals with career ambition in the early years sector or progression to HE.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning using a variety of assessment methods including written work, assessor observations, testimonies and work evidence captured in the work setting.
All Trainer / Assessors have sector industry experience
Special entry requirements
You are required to hold a disclosure and barring service check (DBS); this allows you to access the work setting.
A Level 2 Childcare qualification is preferred.
GCSE English and Maths Grade C or 4 or above or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2 English and Maths will be required to gain a licence to practice at Level 3.
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
- Early Years Educator in a Private Nursery or school
- Play Therapist
- SENCO in an Early Years setting
- Safeguarding Officer in an Early Years setting
- Room Leader or Manager in an Early Years setting
Funding for this course is via a Learning Loan of £2882.00 including all registration and certification fees.