BTEC Level 3
The course will be offered as the equivalent of 2 and 3 A levels. The BTEC Business Course is designed to provide a highly specialist, work-related qualification across a range of business sectors.
The units you study will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to prepare for further education or employment.
How will I be assessed?
By a mixture of coursework which covers 13 units over the two years, an exam and controlled assessment. Controlled assessment involves completing an assignment in exam conditions with support material. There will also be a finance exam during the January term.
- Career in Business
Students take the course because they are interested in and want to learn more about:
- Current business practice and how businesses make decisions
- Functions of business organisations such as finance, marketing, operations management
- The important legal requirements when running a business
The course is particularly suitable for those who enjoy coursework assessment as opposed to exam-based assessment.
Units you could study
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Personal and Business Finance
- Managing an Event
- International Business
- Principles of Management
- Business Decision Making
- Market Research
- The English Legal System
- Employment Law
- Aspects of Civil Liability Affecting Business
- Aspects of Criminal Law Impacting on Business and
- Work Experience
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at level 4 or above, including English language and Maths at a minimum of level 4.
What students say:
“Variety of trips and visits brings the course alive!”
“Teachers go the extra mile and have high expectations of students.”
“This course really prepared me for my next step