Early Years Practitioner
(19+) Work-Related Learning Level 2
The Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Diploma is a 12 – month course equivalent to 4-5 GCSEs. The course is 100% assessed by coursework and work-related observations, with assignments to meet criteria.
This is an ideal qualification for unemployed individuals with a focussed career ambition, volunteers and unqualified new employees in the sector.
You will study a selection of topics that will link to your working practices including:
- Child development from birth to 7 years
- Safeguarding babies and young children in an Early Years setting
- Supporting health &safety in an Early Years setting
- Understanding how to support children with special educational needs and / or disabilities
- Promoting wellbeing in an Early Years setting
- Working with parents, colleagues and other professionals
How you will learn
A dedicated Tutor/Assessor will support you throughout your study programme on a tutorial basis providing a versatile and flexible approach to your learning. Your work placement commitment should be a minimum of 12 hours a week in an early year’s environment.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning using a variety of assessment methods including written work, assessor observations, testimonies and work evidence captured in the work setting.
All Trainer / Assessors have industry experience
Special entry requirements
You are required to hold a disclosure and barring service check (DBS); this allows you to access the work setting.
- Early Years practitioner
- Pre -school practitioner
- Childminder practitioner
- Progression to Early Years Educator Level 3 Diploma
£800 inclusive of registration and certification fees.
Regardless of personal circumstances or employment status, fees maybe waivered should you meet specific eligibility criteria. Further information is available enquiry.