CAREERS AND PROGRESSION SUPPORT
The Cheadle College is committed to meeting the Gatsby Career Benchmarks Standards of Excellence; ensuring that careers education, information, advice and guidance is designed and delivered to meet the needs of students.
Students are entitled to impartial and confidential CEIAG which is person centered, meets professional standards of practice and is delivered by specialist personnel. We therefore offer a comprehensive Careers Programme.
The Careers Team
- Qualified at least to level 6
- Registered Career Development Professionals so abide by the
CDI Code of Ethics and commit to regular continuing professional development
|Victoria Geary||Careers and Guidance Leader (Marple)||0161 484 email@example.com||Careers Office by the glass corridor|
|Helen Priest||Careers Advisor (Cheadle)||0161 486 firstname.lastname@example.org||Careers Office C30|
If you are an education or apprenticeship provider and would like to find out more about working with the college, please contact Victoria Geary.
The College Careers Team is supported by our link advisor from Stockport Services for Young People, Vanessa Gilbert, who works closely with students on Level 1 programmes and those with SEND.
Careers staff also work closely with the Employer Engagement Team who arrange the work placements for students on vocational and A level programmes.
Employer Engagement Team
The C&M College Network has an Employer Engagement Team dedicated to developing collaborative links with external employers and organisations to ensure that students have various opportunities to understand and experience the world of work and put their theoretical learning into practice.
Our Ofsted feedback relating to our employer engagement provision was rated highly. Currently we have over 1250 external collaborative employers / organisations who work with us throughout the year to enhance student learning experiences with practical application. All students, both A level and vocational, are given the opportunity for a minimum of a one week work placement arranged speciﬁcally to meet their needs.
If you are a student who would like to discuss work experience opportunities or If you are an employer who would like to find out more about working with The C&M College Network.
Employer Engagement Manager
What we offer
- Comprehensive Careers Education delivered via tutorials
- One to one careers guidance appointments (booked via House Monitors)
- Links with universities, apprenticeship providers, employers and other local colleges
- A weekly Careers Bulletin for students to access via Moodle
- A careers Moodle page with extensive links to relevant careers websites
- Access to UNIFROG, an excellent subscription-only website for students to explore careers and find out up to date labour market information, enabling them to make informed choices about their future plans
- Parent Information Evening on Degree Apprenticeships and Student Finance
- Updated weekly. Includes information on college careers events, university open days, apprenticeship opportunities, Career of the Week, part time jobs and voluntary opportunities.
- For more information on our Careers Programme please click here
UCAS Guidance for ex-students
If you are a former student of the college applying to UCAS we are able to supply a reference for you on request. You will need to click on the link below for full instructions on the process. Please note this service is only available to students who have left college within the last 3 years.