Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport – Level 3
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship meets the needs of employers and provides a vocational pathway into the provision of Children’s Physical Activity and School Sport delivery and development.
It will enable you to meet the demand for suitably qualified people with the knowledge, understanding and competency to deliver, plan, organise and assess the learning of children in a range of environments including the community and schools.
This apprenticeship can provide a much needed progression opportunity for apprentices on an intermediate level programme as well as progression for those already working across the sector.
As part of the Advanced Level Apprenticeship you will develop the skills and knowledge to:
- Supporting Gifted and Talented children/young people
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
- Deliver physical education and school sport programmes with clear curriculum links and progression
- Understand child and young people’s development
- Understand how physical activity influences education
- Support the assessment of children in learning through physical activity
- Provide those contributing to physical education and school sport activity programmes with a greater understanding of the National Curriculum for Physical Education and the environment in which they operate
- Improve the quality of delivery of physical education and school sport activity programmes
- Provide Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils with a better experience/engagement of physical education and school sport activities
- Ensure Physical Education and school sport activity programmes (including curricular and extra-curricular activities) are delivered to meet the low risk areas of the National Curriculum for Physical Education
- Provide Physical Education and School Sport Professionals, such as sports coaches, with an opportunity to be supported to develop their knowledge and understanding of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate a physical education and school sport programme that includes curriculum and extra curriculum activities
How you will learn
You will be taught by experienced and occupationally competent tutors. This will be enhanced by a minimum of 30 hours per week of appropriate employment working alongside experienced and supportive practitioners.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning to confirm your competency within the National Standards by occupationally qualified assessors
It is recommended that you have Maths and English GCSEs at Grade A*-C and a recognised ICT qualification. If not you will work towards Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
Progression Opportunities to work as a physical education and school sport professionals e.g. as a higher level teaching assistant (HLTA), teaching assistant (TA), sports coach, sports development officer, sports volunteer or sports leader.
- or call our course hot line 0161 486 4602
- For more information email: Wendy.Mather@cmcnet.ac.uk