Sport BTEC LEVEL 2 Partnership
BTEC LEVEL 2
Sport in Partnership with Little Sports Coaching &
Cheadle Town FC
This practical football-focused programme will provide you with the opportunity to play regular football and gain a Level 2 BTEC qualification (equivalent to a GCSE) in just one year. It offers a range of opportunities to sample multi-sports, practically as well as theoretically.
This will help you progress onto a Level 3 course in Sport or another subject. Alternatively, you will be well prepared to go straight into employment or gain a place on an apprenticeship, for example, Sports Coaching.
During the year, you will be externally assessed in Anatomy & Physiology and Fitness for Sport units by an online examination. The other units will be coursework based and include: practical team & individual sports, training for personal fitness, injury & the sports performer and running & leading sports.
- Continue to develop a semi-professional/professional/amateur playing career in football
- Sports coaching Apprenticeship with Little Sports Coaching
- Progression to level 3 Sport
- Fitness Instructor
More than just a course
- The opportunity to play football for Cheadle Town, a North West Counties League 1 team.
- Train at a dedicated football-specific facility.
- Learners will receive professional football coaching from qualified Level 2 Coaches.
- The opportunity to complete a multi-sports award and the FA level 1.
- Gain valuable work experience with Little Sports Coaching.
|Monday||BTEC Sport & Maths/English||Football training at
|Tuesday||BTEC Sport & Maths/English||Football training at
|Wednesday||BTEC Sport & Maths/English||League fixture /
|Thursday||BTEC Sport & Maths/English||Football training at
|Friday||BTEC Sport & Maths/English.
Multi-Sport Coaching Award
|Football training at
- Level 2
To study Level 2 Vocational qualifications you must have achieved at least 4 grade 3 GCSEs.
“This programme (at Cheadle Town) is an excellent option for young people to follow a career in sport and football. The football pathway is clearly in place which will hopefully provide first team players in the very near future.”