SPORT AND ACTIVE LEISURE – Level 2
LEVEL 2, CERTIFICATE, APPRENTICESHIP
This award aims to provide the skills and knowledge required to work in leisure centres, coaching clubs, sports halls, swimming pools and stadia.
The Sport and Active Leisure framework comprises:
- Activity Leadership Level 2 Certificate
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Level 2 Award
- Exercise and Fitness Instructing Level 2 or Coaching Award Level 2 options
- Functional Skills English & Maths Level 1
How you will learn
You will be taught by experienced and enthusiastic tutors. This will be enhanced by a minimum of 30 hours per week of appropriate employment.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning to confirm your competence milestones and achievements.
Special entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements and prior achievement will be accredited.
What the students say
“Really enjoying my placement. I like going on the various courses so I am able to expand my knowledge and skills.” “In my workplace, I have gained a lot more confidence in coaching.”
The Apprenticeship provides an excellent foundation to L3/HE or future career aspirations in the sport and leisure industry.
Other useful information
The number of apprentices in the Sport and Active Leisure sector has increased 600% in the past five years, according to statistics released in time for England’s National Apprenticeship Week.
- or call our course hot line 0161 486 4602
- For more information email: Wendy.Mather@cmcnet.ac.uk