Public Services – BTEC Level 2 Diploma
BTEC Level 2 BTEC Level 2 Diploma
A career in Public Services is extremely wide ranging, from the Uniformed Public Services, to Government Departments, local Government and organisations such as MI5 and MI6.
Our programme will equip you with a good understanding of employment and life within the Public Services and you will gain the relevant and knowledge and skills at Level 2 to be able to progress higher.
You are taught by experienced teachers who have a range of professional backgrounds, including the Armed Services; which really enhances your learning experience. Much of your programme is assignment based with some assessment taken under controlled conditions.
- Armed Services such as RAF, Army
- Uniformed Services such as Fire Services and Police
- Civil Service
- Progression to Level 3 Public Services, subject to achieving at least a Merit
More than just a course
You will develop a wide range of employability skills and be able to apply your learning across a wide range of professional disciplines.
Work experience is integral to the programme and all students attend residential placements with the Army as well as working with the RAF, Marine Trainers, Fire Service, and Police Service.
Involvement in planning and running fundraising events as well as voluntary work is one of the programme essentials.
- Field trips, visits, and professional speakers
- All students have residential placement with the Army
- Lots of outdoor activities and team work activities
- Gain good insight into a range of Uniformed Services.
- Individually tailored Work placements
- Voluntary work and fundraising activities such as ‘Santa Drop’ with the RAF
- Teachers with vocationally relevant professional backgrounds
- Level 2
A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D, ideally including English and Maths at D or above.
Good personal skills are also essential when dealing with service users, groups, other professionals and your colleagues.
An excellent approach to your studies
“I really enjoy my course and I have made new friends. I liked going on the Army residential and I liked the night activity where we had to catch other people. I was not much good at the run though. I would like to be a Police Officer in the future and I will go to Level 3 next year.”