PUBLIC SERVICES L3 Ex Dip
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
A career in Public Services is extremely wide ranging, from the Uniformed Public Services, to Government Departments, local Government and organisations such as MI5 and MI6 Paramedic.
Our programme will equip you with a good understanding of employment and life within the Public Services and you will gain the relevant and knowledge and skills to succeed in this sector
You are taught by experienced teachers who have a range of professional backgrounds, including the Armed Services; which really enhances your learning experience. Much of your programme is assignment based with some assessment taken under controlled conditions.
- Armed Services such as RAF, Army
- Uniformed Services such as Fire Services and Police
- Social Work
- Civil Service
- Youth and Community Work
More than just a course
We have outstanding results for this programme with the majority of students progressing to University and the others directly into employment or training such as on a Military Training Programme. You will develop a wide range of employability skills and be able to apply your learning across a wide range of professional disciplines.
Work experience is integral to the programme and all students attend residential placements with the Army as well as working with the RAF, Marine Trainers, Fire Service, and Police Service.
Involvement in planning and running fundraising events as well as voluntary work is one of the programme essentials.
- Field trips, visits, and professional speakers
- All students have residential placement with the Army
- Lots of outdoor activities and team work activities
- Gain good insight into a range of Uniformed Services.
- Individually tailored Work placements
- Voluntary work and fundraising activities such as ‘Santa Drop’ with the RAF
- Teachers with vocationally relevant professional backgrounds
- Trips to Universities
- Equivalency to Three A Levels
To study Advanced Vocational qualifications you must have achieved at least 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including English or Maths.
An excellent approach to your studies
“I really enjoy my course and I have challenged myself. I was no good at drill and teamwork but I have improved lots. The Army residential was hard but good and I learned to work well in a team.
My class raised over £800.00 playing five a side football for the day and the money bought presents for sick children. My future plans are to go to University and I would like to be a Police Officer in the future.”