Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 Diploma
BTEC Level 3 Diploma
The BTEC in Health and Social Care is a two year course equivalent to 3 A Levels. The course will lead to a highly specialized work-related qualification where you will gain the knowledge, understanding and skills to prepare you to progress to employment or continue to study in Higher Education.
The course is 100% assessed by coursework. Some will be assignments produced to meet criteria, there will be some practical assessments where opportunity arises and there will be some work undertaken under controlled conditions.
- Nursing degree (Adult, Children, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities)/Midwifery
- Social Work/Social Care Work
- Primary School Teaching
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Allied Health professions e.g. Occupational Therapy
- Customer Service sector
- Opportunity to gain work experience with local employers
- Tutors who have industry experience across a range of specialisms.
- Development of employability skills valued by health and social care sector.
- Close links with HE institutions with opportunities to visit for ‘taster’ days.
Units you could study
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health or Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Psychological and Sociological Perspectives
- Communicating in Care
- Health And Safety in Care
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding Adults
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade 4-9 including English and / or Maths at a minimum of level 4.
A satisfactory enhanced DBS check will be essential.
“The department provides great opportunities to experience new things and really helps to build your confidence.”
“I learned about how to act and behave in a Health and Social Care environment. I felt confident in my university interviews as I was able to reflect and use learning from the classroom. Teachers were knowledgeable about progression into specialized areas.”