HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE – BTEC L2 Ext Cert
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate
This programme is for you if you want to work with people in some way. For example, in a care or health setting. You will gain the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills that you will need to prepare for employment within a wide range of caring services.
This course takes one year to complete. You will learn about many aspects of caring for others and will have the opportunity to carry out work experience within a care setting. This will enable you to put the learning you have gained in the classroom into practice in a relevant workplace.
You can also progress to higher level programmes, such as BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. A desire to work with in the health or social care settings would be an advantage.
- Care Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Childcare Apprenticeship
More than just a course
Our students have individual work placements and need to have a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
This course is a full-time course but you will take maths and / or English alongside it.
- Work experience available in a variety of care settings
- Mix of coursework, group work and external assessments
- You need an interest in working with people who need care
- Opportunity to improve English and Maths GCSE grades to 3 or above
- You don’t need to have studied this subject before
- Over 70% progress to Level 3
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade 3 including ideally English and Maths at grade 3.
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS is essential for work placement
- Good personal skills are also essential when dealing with service users, groups, other professionals and your colleagues.
“When I started Health and Social I was not sure what it was about. Now I know more and I want to move up to Level 3 and go to University to be a Social Worker. I like the units about healthy eating and being creative.”