EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR (EYE)
Level 3 ADVANCED
This qualification meets the needs of learners who work with or want to work with children in a wide range of settings, eg Early Years, Nursery Practitioner, Child Minder.
The Early Years Educator Level 3 framework comprises:
- Early years Educator Level 3 –Portfolio and assessment
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities – Portfolio
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate – Practical and exam
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 2 – Exam
You will study a selection of units including
- Develop effective study skills
- Model, promote and support positive behaviour with children
- Promote equality and inclusion in the early years sector
- Plan and implement activities, play opportunities and educational programmes in an early years setting
How you will learn
You will be taught by experienced and occupationally competent tutors. This will be enhanced by a minimum of 30 hours per week of appropriate employment within a childcare setting working alongside experienced and supportive practitioners.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed continually throughout your learning to confirm your competency within the National Standards for childcare by occupationally qualified assessors.
Special entry requirements
All applicants are required to have achieved a minimum grade of C in GCSE Maths and English. Enrolment is subject to interview, DBS check and employment in a responsible role – this may be where you completed your Intermediate Apprenticeship.
What the students say
“Doing this course has given me confidence”
“You get lots of support while you learn”
“I can earn while I learn”
What our employers say
“I always encourage our apprentices to choose The Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form Colleges because I know they will achieve the highest standards.”
“Our apprentices are never held back by waiting for assessment dates/times.” “The assessors keep the apprentice on track to achieve.”
The Apprenticeship provides an excellent foundation to HE or future career opportunities in the childcare profession, such as:
- Surestart worker
- Community nursery nurse
- Learning mentor
- Day care supervisor
- Room manager