Computing BTEC Level 3
BTEC Level 3
It is a practical course in which you will develop skills like problems solving by using critical thinking, approach non-routine problems applying expert and creative solutions, use systems and technology. You will learn computer programming and other computing knowledge and apply your skills in building applications.
By studying computing you will learn how computer hardware and software work as well as learning programming fundamentals and problem solving skills. You will be able to apply your knowledge in programming to solve real life problems.
How will I be assessed?
By a mixture of coursework (58%), an exam and controlled assessment (42%). Controlled assessment involves completing an assignment in exam conditions with support material
- software engineering
- web and multimedia production
- systems analysis
- hardware and software support
- network engineering
- computer games development
Previous students have gone on to higher education courses including:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Computing Technology
- Computer Forensics
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Multimedia Technology
Units you could study
- Principles of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Planning and Management of Computing Projects
- Software Design and Development Project Building Computer Systems
- IT Systems Security and Encryption
- Business Applications of Social Media
- Human-computer Interaction
- Digital Graphics and Animation
- Digital Audio
- Digital Video
- Website Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Computer Networking
- Computer Games Development
A minimum of 5 A* – C GCSE: subject grades including English Language and Maths at a minimum of level 4.
We are an inclusive College and will consider all applications on a case by case basis at interview.