Computer Games Design
Computer Game Design introducers the industry of computer games production though practical exercises. The key areas covered on this course are game design and production, game mechanics, object construction and animation. The games industry is a huge employed in the U.K especially in the North West offering roles like animation, scene design to programming.
This course is aimed at introducing elements of the industry ready for further study. AQA tech level game design is a single qualification course to be studied alongside 2 A-levels or equivalent.
- Game physics
- Game Mechanics
- Game Designer/Developer
- Develop high level skills in industry standard software
- Visits and trips to globally recognised institutions such as the BBC
- Existing links with Pure Radio
- Work for local clients and entrepreneurs on real world live projects
Units you could study
- Working in the Games Industry
- Level Designer
A minimum of 5 GCSE grade 4-9 Including English and/or Maths at a minimum of level 4.
“Creative media has given me the skills to achieve my target of studying at Manchester met on the animation program. This pathway has helped me achieve this. When it’s fun it’s not work.”
Toni Tierney Y13 Creative Media / Animation student