CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE’S WORKFORCE – LEVEL 2
LEVEL 2, INTERMEDIATE CERTIFICATE
The Children and Young People’s Workforce L2 Certificate is the foundation course if you are interested in working with children aged 0-5 years. It will introduce you to the necessary skills and knowledge required to progress to the level 3 Advanced Diploma.
The L2 Apprenticeship Framework consists of
- Children and Young People’s Workforce Certificate Level 2 – Assessment and Portfolio
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities Level 2 – Portfolio
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate – Practical and exam
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 1- Exam
You will study a selection of units including
- Communication in Children and Young People’s settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in a Child Care setting
- Introduction to Personal Development
- Child and Young Person Development
These are just a taster of subjects you may study whilst on the programme.
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
During your time on the apprenticeship you will attend college one full day a week where you will be taught by occupationally competent tutors. This will be enhanced by 30 hours of employment working alongside experienced child care practitioners.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
Throughout your learning you will be continually assessed to confirm your competence in the workplace against the National Standards for childcare by a qualified and occupationally competent assessor.
SPECIAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no formal entry requirements. Enrolment is subject to interview DBS check and securing employment. College will help provide support to assist in this process.
WHAT THE STUDENTS SAY
“I like being on the apprenticeship because I enjoy being part of a team.”
“You get to learn at work as well as in the classroom.”
WHAT OUR EMPLOYERS SAY
“I always encourage our apprentices to choose Marple Sixth Form College because I know they will achieve the highest standards.”
“The assessors are understanding and supportive of our apprentices.”
The Apprenticeship provides an excellent foundation to L3 or future career opportunities in childcare related employment, such as:
- Nursery assistant
- Creche worker
- Special Educational Needs assistant