Business & Marketing – BTEC L 3 Ex Dip
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (Edexcel)
The BTEC Business Course is designed to provide a highly specialist, work-related qualification across a range of business sectors. The units you study will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to prepare for further education or employment.
The course is the equivalent to 3 A levels
Core Business Units
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Recruitment and Selection in Business
- Aspects of Employment Law
- Managing a Business Event
- Developing Teams in Business
- Supply Chain and Stock Management
- Starting a Small Business
- Understanding Business Ethics
- Business and the Economic Environment
Specialist Units in Marketing
- Creative Product Promotion
- Market Research in Business
- Relationship Marketing
- Internet Marketing in Business
- Career in Business
Students take the course because they are interested in and want to learn more about:
- Current business practice and how businesses make decisions
- Functions of business organisations such as finance, marketing, operations management
- The important legal requirements when running a business
The course is particularly suitable for those who enjoy coursework assessment as opposed to exam based assessment.
Additional Industry recognised qualification in LIBF Certificate in Personal Finance. This will aid you getting a job in the business sector.
How You Will Learn
Well-qualified, highly experienced and enthusiastic Business Studies and Marketing tutors will teach you. You will learn through a wide range of learning activities including class discussions, group presentations, business role-play, visits, work experience and individual research. This will be complemented by one-to-one tutorials to support coursework assessment.
To study Advanced Vocational qualifications you must have achieved at least 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including English or Maths.