Business – BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (Edexcel NQF)
The BTEC Business Course is designed to provide a highly specialist, work-related qualification across a range of business sectors. The units you study will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to prepare for further education or employment.
- Year 12
Year 1: You will study for 4 Core Units, including 2 additional units. This would include Exploring Business, Managing an Event and International Business.
- Year 13
The BTEC Extended Diploma studied as a two-year programme is equivalent to 3 A-levels.You will study 7 Specialist Units.
Studied across the two years of the course cover Principle of Management, Business Decision Making.
Specialist units are designed to provide students with a wide ranging and in-depth knowledge of Business Studies.
You will cover subjects such as; Recruitment and Selection Process, Team Building in Business and Investigating Customers Service.
- Career in Business
Students take the course because they are interested in and want to learn more about:
- Current business practice and how businesses make decisions
- Functions of business organisations such as finance, marketing, operations management
- The important legal requirements when running a business
The course is particularly suitable for those who enjoy coursework assessment as opposed to exam based assessment.
How You Will Learn
Well-qualified, highly experienced and enthusiastic Business Studies tutors will teach you. You will learn through a wide range of learning activities including class discussions, group presentations, business role-play, visits, work experience and individual research. This will be complemented by one-to-one tutorials to support coursework assessment, portfolios, presentations and externally assessed units.
- At least 5 GCSEs at C & 4 or above (including English Language or Maths) or a Merit at BTEC First (Level 2) plus 1 other GCSE at grade C
- A high level of research and organisational skills to produce a portfolio of work
- The ability to work independently and to meet deadlines. Students are also encouraged to undertake work experience.