Art and Design
BTEC Level 3
The BTEC in Art and Design is a two-year art course equivalent to 3 A-levels. The course will provide you with opportunities to sample a wide range of specialist areas and produce a portfolio that will help you to progress onto study at Higher Education, or employment.
During the first year, projects will cover painting and drawing, graphics/illustration, printing, contextual studies and photography.
This course is the equivalent to 2 A levels
How will I be assessed?
By a mixture of coursework (54%), an exam and controlled assessment (46%). Controlled assessment involves completing an assignment in exam conditions with support material
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO STUDY ANOTHER COURSE ALONGSIDE THIS COURSE
Unit you could study
- Visual Recording and Communication
- Critical and Contextual Studies in Art and Design
- The Creative Process
- Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design
- Developing an Art and Design Portfolio
- Managing a Client Brief
- Developing and Realising Creative Intentions
- Graphics for 3D
- Branding in Graphic Design
- Fine Art
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Textile Design
More than just a course
You will enhance your understanding and appreciation of art and design. You will develop your practical skills. You will enhance your understanding of artists & designers and how they develop their work.
- Trips to art galleries
- Field visits to gather subject matter
- Use of the specialist area in Art
- Use of the specialist area in Photography
- Access to specialist enrichment options
- Open access studio
- Active participation in our art show
A minimum of 5 grades 4-9 GCSE. including English language and/or Maths at a minimum of level 4.
If you have studied Art before you could bring and show your portfolio.
Students’ comments indicate that the work is challenging & interesting. The relationship with teaching staff is excellent!