ACCOUNTANCY – LEVEL 4
ACCA DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS - LEVEL 4
ACCA is one of the largest accountancy bodies globally, with almost half a million students worldwide. It prides itself on its flexibility of learning and career progression.
Is this course right for me?
Whether you are looking for a career in finance, accounting, business, or even want to start your own company, an ACCA qualification provides multiple pathways to success.
The Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 4) is aimed at those aspiring to employment or already employed in:
- A broad accounting role within an SME.
- A supporting financial reporting role.
- A supervisory role in an accounting department.
- Accounts payables and/or receivables.
- Fixed asset accounting role.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 4) which is equivalent to the first year of a university degree programme.
What qualifications or experience do I need to get onto the course?
You should have a basic knowledge of accountancy, business and finance, or have already taken the Introductory and Intermediary Certificates in Finance and Management. There are no lower or upper age restrictions to complete this course and it is suitable for adults as well as school leavers.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Accountant in Business
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
These modules are designed to develop your knowledge of the business environment and the role of the accountant, understand how to use financial information to support organisational decision-making, and learn about the underlying principles and regulations for financial accounting.
You will also need to complete the Foundations in Professionalism ethics module, unless already taken at Level 2 or Level 3, which helps you develop your understanding of what it means to act professionally and ethically in the workplace.
What skills will I gain?
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Better understand how organisations operate
- Understand how different business functions contribute to an efficient, effective and ethical organisation.
- learn how to prepare and process basic cost information
- Be able to support management in planning and decision-making
- Be technically proficient in using double-entry accounting techniques
- Understand the principles and concepts behind financial accounting
Once you have gained these skills you will be able to take on more responsibility within a finance or accounting function, progressing to a trainee accountant or an accounts clerk.
How will I be assessed?
These modules are completed via on-demand computer-based exams. When you are ready for your exams you will be able to take them at college and receive your results immediately.
For the Foundations in Professionalism module, this is an online, interactive course which can be completed at any time between starting and finishing your Certificate.
What qualifications could I achieve?
ACCA offers a pathway to a number of qualifications. These can be gained as you improve your skills and experience:
- Oxford Brookes BSc Degree.
- Qualified Professional Accountant.
- University of London MSc in Professional Accountancy.
- Oxford Brookes Global MBA.
The further you progress through the Qualification the greater your career opportunities.
- or call our course hot line 0161 486 4602